All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
About this product
- DescriptionCardinal Walter Kasper's contributions to theology, ecumenism, Jewish-Christian relations, and the pastoral life of the church have shaped Catholicism in the twentieth and twenty-first centuries. Ackwledging this, Pope Francis has praised Kasper's profound and serene theology. In The Theology of Cardinal Walter Kasper: Speaking Truth in Love, leading theologians from across the United States and Canada explore the full scope of Kasper's thought on topics such as the character of ecumenical and interreligious dialogue, Christology, theological method, and the nature of the church-world relationship. Kasper himself presents four previously unpublished texts: on the interpretation of Vatican II, on forgiveness, on Christian hope, and on the approach to theology today. This volume originated at a conference, at which Kasper was an active participant, in hor of his eightieth birthday. It provides an introduction to Kasper's thought and also an overview of major issues in contemporary Catholic theology.
- Author BiographyKristin Colberg is assistant professor of theology at Saint John's University and the College of Saint Benedict. She received her doctorate at the University of Notre Dame in systematic theology. She is the author of several articles on Vatican Council II that have appeared in journals such as The Heythrop Journal, Horizons, and Missiology, and she is the co-editor of Speaking Truth in Love, a festschrift in honor of Cardinal Walter Kasper. Professor Colberg also serves as a member of the official US Reformed-Catholic dialogue. Robert A. Krieg received his doctorate from the University of Notre Dame in 1976 and has taught there since 1977. He is the author of several books, including Treasure in the Field: Salvation in the Bible and in Our Lives (Liturgical Press, 2013). Krieg has published articles in America, Comment, Commonweal, The Heythrop Journal, The Irish Theological Quarterly, The Journal of Religious Thought, Theologische Quartalschrift, Theological Studies, and Worship. He has known Cardinal Kasper since 1980. Since 2001 Walter Cardinal Kasper has served as president of the Pontifical Council for Promoting Christian Unity at the Vatican. Formerly a professor of theology and diocesan bishop in Germany, he has written in the fields of systematic and ecumenical theology. Cardinal Kasper is a former member of the Commission on Faith and Order of the World Council of Churches.
- PublisherLiturgical Press
- Date of Publication14/08/2014
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationCollegeville, MN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLiturgical Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight513 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byKristin M. Colberg,Robert A. Krieg
- Foreword byCardinal Walter Kasper
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.