All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionItem response theory (IRT) is a latent variable modeling approach used to minimize bias and optimize the measurement power of educational and psychological tests and other psychometric applications. Designed for researchers, psychometric professionals, and advanced students, this book clearly presents both the how-to and the why of IRT. It describes simple and more complex IRT models and shows how they are applied with the help of widely available software packages. Chapters follow a consistent format and build sequentially, taking the reader from model development through the fit analysis and interpretation phases that one would perform in practice. The use of common empirical data sets across the chapters facilitates understanding of the various models and how they relate to one ather.
- Author BiographyR. J. de Ayala is Professor of Educational Psychology at the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. His research interests include psychometrics, item response theory, computerized adaptive testing, applied statistics, and multilevel models. His work has appeared in Applied Psychological Measurement, Applied Measurement in Education, the British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology, Educational and Psychological Measurement, the Journal of Applied Measurement, and the Journal of Educational Measurement. He is a Fellow of the American Psychological Association's Division 5: Evaluation, Measurement, and Statistics, as well as of the American Educational Research Association.
- Author(s)R.J. de Ayala
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication31/01/2009
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleMethodology in the Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1020 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.52
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.39
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $79.81
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.09
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.44
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.