All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAn H(b) space is defined as a collection of analytic functions that are in the image of an operator. The theory of H(b) spaces bridges two classical subjects, complex analysis and operator theory, which makes it both appealing and demanding. Volume 1 of this comprehensive treatment is devoted to the preliminary subjects required to understand the foundation of H(b) spaces, such as Hardy spaces, Fourier analysis, integral representation theorems, Carleson measures, Toeplitz and Hankel operators, various types of shift operators and Clark measures. Volume 2 focuses on the central theory. Both books are accessible to graduate students as well as researchers: each volume contains numerous exercises and hints, and figures are included throughout to illustrate the theory. Together, these two volumes provide everything the reader needs to understand and appreciate this beautiful branch of mathematics.
- Author BiographyEmmanuel Fricain is Professor of Mathematics at Laboratoire Paul Painleve, Universite Lille 1, France. Part of his research focuses on the interaction between complex analysis and operator theory, which is the main content of this book. He has a wealth of experience teaching numerous graduate courses on different aspects of analytic Hilbert spaces, and he has published several papers on H(b) spaces in high-quality journals, making him a world specialist in this subject. Javad Mashreghi is a Professor of Mathematics at the Universite Laval, Quebec, Canada, where he has been selected Star Professor of the Year seven times for excellence in teaching. His main fields of interest are complex analysis, operator theory and harmonic analysis. He is the author of several mathematical textbooks, monographs and research articles. He won the G. de B. Robinson Award, the publication prize of the Canadian Mathematical Society, in 2004.
- Author(s)Emmanuel Fricain,Javad Mashreghi
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2000
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleNew Mathematical Monographs
- Series Part/Volume Number21
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 b/w illus. 100 exercises
- Weight1100 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine40 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.20
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $37.95
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.88
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.