All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA complete and comprehensive theory of failure is developed for homogeneous and isotropic materials. The full range of materials types are covered from very ductile metals to extremely brittle glasses and minerals. Two failure properties suffice to predict the general failure conditions under all states of stress. With this foundation to build upon, many other aspects of failure are also treated, such as extensions to anisotropic fiber composites, cumulative damage, creep and fatigue, and microscale and nascale approaches to failure.
- Author BiographyRichard M. Christensen has over many years held positions of responsibility in industry, national laboratories, and academia. He has always been active in professional affairs and has held several leadership positions in professional societies. His technical responsibilities and research interests have been in the mechanics of materials for solids, structures, and non-Newtonian fluids. He holds five patents, has written two books and 100 archive journal papers. These are on the following and related topics: properties of polymers (viscoelasticity), composite materials, wave effects in heterogeneous materials, low density materials (extreme porosity), kinetic crack growth, life prediction and durability, failure criteria for isotropic and anisotropic solids. In 2013 he was awarded the Timoshenko Medal by the American Association of Mechanical Engineers (ASME). This award is one of the highest honors in the field of applied mechanics.
- Author(s)Richard M. Christensen
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication14/03/2013
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Note75 b/w line illustrations
- Weight660 g
- Width177 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine21 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.08Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.