All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic of ecomic thought is a scathing critique of American sbbery and wastefulness. Chief among the practices that Veblen so wittily satirizes is conspicuous consumption , a pattern of behaviour that still flourishes among us.
- Author BiographyThorstein Veblen (1857-1929) was a Norwegian-American sociologist and economist and a leader of the Efficiency Movement. In 1919, Veblen, along with Charles Beard, James Harvey Robinson and John Dewey, helped found the New School for Social Research (known today as New School University). <p/>Robert Lekachman was a professor of economics at Lehman College, City University of New York, and is the author of The Age of Keynes and Capitalism for Beginners.
- Author(s)Robert Lekachman,Thorstein Veblen
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication27/07/1995
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitlePenguin Modern Classics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Classics
- Weight338 g
- Width134 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.73Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.18Trending at AU $35.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.