Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.95+ AU $29.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.34Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.30
- AU $60.03Trending at AU $61.06
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.57Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.01Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
About this product
- Description<b>A subversive, macabre vel of a young Indian man s misadventures in Victorian London as the city is racked by a series of murders</b> In a small Bihari village, Captain William T. Meadows finds just the man to further his phrelogical research back home: Amir Ali, confessed member of the infamous Thugee cult. With tales of a murderous youth redeemed, Ali gains passage to England, his villaiusly shaped skull there to be studied. Only Ali kws just how embroidered his story is, so when a killer begins depriving London s underclass of their heads, suspicion naturally falls on the thug. With help from fellow immigrants led by a shrewd Punjabi woman, Ali journeys deep into a hostile city in an attempt to save himself and end the gruesome murders. Ranging from skull-lined mansions to underground tunnels a ghostly people call home, <i>The Thing about Thugs</i> is a feat of imagination to rival Wilkie Collins or Michael Chabon. Short-listed for the 2010 Man Asian Literary Prize, this sly Victorian role reversal marks the arrival of a compelling new Indian velist to North America.
- Author(s)English Teacher Tabish Khair
- PublisherHoughton Mifflin
- Date of Publication24/07/2012
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHoughton Mifflin
- Out-of-print date22/12/2016
- Weight363 g
- Width145 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.