All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionChances are if you've picked up this book, you've wrestled with your weight. Maybe you've tried a number of fad diets, with any number of methods,many of which lay the blame on eating too much food that's high in fat and sugar. But here's the truth: No single factor causes obesity. Being overweight involves genetics, physiology, and behaviour,and the one thing that's missing from most diet plans is a clear plan for addressing psychological factors to change the way we think about food.In The Thinsulin(R) Program , psychiatrist Charles T. Nguyen and bariatric internist Tu Song-Anh Nguyen identify the real culprits behind obesity,and share their proven, science-based, two-stage plan for weight loss. First, the Active Phase shows you how to gain control of and lower your insulin levels through food choices, enabling dramatic weight loss. Next, the Passive Phase helps you to adopt a new way of thinking about food, focusing on insulin rather than calories, to develop the skills to keep excess weight off for good. The Thinsulin(R) Program offers a medical breakthrough by uniquely harnessing the synergy between the working of your body and the power of your mind to manage your weight. The program gives you the skills to change your thinking permanently so that you find longstanding success on your weight-loss journey.Not only will you achieve unparalleled success in weight loss, The Thinsulin(R) Program also offers powerful health benefits, such as reversing the onset of arthritis, diabetes, and heart disease. Think thin, think Thinsulin,and get ready for long-term health and wellness.
- Author BiographyCharles Nguyen, M.D., is the medical director of the Lorphen Medical Weight Loss Clinic. His extensive research, clinical experience, teaching, and training in psychiatry offer a unique perspective to help his patients lose weight. His work on weight issues has appeared in various journals, and he frequently speaks at conferences. He lives in Orange County.Tu Nguyen, M.D., is the medical director of N.N. Medical, which provides medical management of weight loss with an emphasis on behaviour modification. He is a diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine and has more than 15 years of experience as a bariatric internist. He lives in Orange County.Lorphenmedical.comThinsulinprogram.comMary Ann Marshall is an author, editor and journalist. Marshall has been a regular contributor to Glamour, Ms., Cosmopolitan, and many other magazines. Visit her website at maryannmarshall.net.
- Author(s)Charles Nguyen,Mary Ann Marshall,Tu Nguyen
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication09/02/2016
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationCamnridge, US
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Lifelong
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight488 g
- Width162 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.90
- AU $26.78Trending at AU $29.35
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $36.16Trending at AU $37.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.