All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Third Body , the poet, velist, feminist critic, and theorist Helene Cixous interweaves a loose narrative line with anecdotes, autobiography, lyricism, myth, dream, fantasy, philosophical insights, and intertextual citations of and conversations with other authors and thinkers. Cixous evokes the relationship of the female narrator and her lover, a relationship of alternating presences and absences, separations and rejoinings. This relationship assumes protean forms within a complex web of writing, creating a 'third body' out of the entwined bodies of the narrator and her lover.
- Author BiographyHelene Cixous is a professor emerita of literature and founder of the Centre d'etudes feminines, Paris VIII. Her numerous books include Stigmata, Three Steps on the Ladder of Writing, The Newly Born Woman, The Laugh of the Medusa, and Manhattan: Letters from Prehistory. In 2000, a collection in Cixous' name was created at the Bibliotheque nationale de France.
- Author(s)Helene Cixous
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication15/01/2010
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $71.47
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $11.54Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $19.46Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.