All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.62
- AU $74.05Trending at AU $76.83
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $39.18
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.70
- AU $17.68Trending at AU $21.74
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $38.98
About this product
- DescriptionIn The Third Freedom, former three-term Democratic senator George McGovern describes his strategy to end world hunger in our time. When McGovern was the Democrats' minee for president in 1972, 35 percent of the people in the world were hungry. By 1996, that figure was cut in half. Now, McGovern says, is the time to end world hunger entirely. Ending it (hunger), he says, is a greater moral imperative w than ever before, because for the first time humanity has the instruments in hand to defeat this cruel enemy at a very reasonable cost.
- Author BiographyGeorge McGovern was U.S. Senator from South Dakota from 1963 to 1981, and the Democratic candidate for president in 1972. He was the first director of the U.S. Food for Peace Program. McGovern is now U.S. Ambassador to the UN Agencies on Food and Agriculture in Rome.
- Author(s)George McGovern
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication29/12/2001
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content Notebibliography, index
- Weight245 g
- Width151 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.