All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLess well-kwn than his brothers, Edward IV and Richard III, little has been written about George, Duke of Clarence, leaving us with a series of unanswered questions: What was he really like? What set him and his brother Edward IV against one ather? And who was really responsible for his death? George played a central role in the 'Wars of the Roses', played out by his family. But was George for York or Lancaster? Is the story of his drowning in a barrel of wine really true? And was 'false, fleeting, perjur'd Clarence' in some ways one of the role models behind the sixteenth-century defamation of Richard III? Finally, where was he buried and what became of his body? Could the DNA used recently to test the remains of his younger brother, Richard III, also reveal the truth about the supposed 'Clarence bones' in Tewkesbury? Here, John Ashdown-Hill brings us a new full biography of George, Duke of Clarence, which exposes the myths surrounding this important Plantagenet prince, and reveals the fascinating results of John's recent reexamination of the Clarence vault and its contents.
- Author BiographyJohn Ashdown-Hill is a historian and the author of The Last Days of Richard III. He has appeared on NPR andthe Smithsonian Channel as an expert on Richard III.
- Author(s)John Ashdown-Hill
- PublisherThe History Press Ltd
- Date of Publication28/08/2015
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationStroud
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe History Press Ltd
- Content Note32 black & white illustrations, 16 black & white plates
- Weight340 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.