All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThe Third Reich was the name Hitler and the Nazi Party gave to the dictatorship that began in 1933 and ended twelve years later with the utter destruction of Germany and Hitler's suicide. Defined by the messianic, iconic figure of the Fuhrer, the Third Reich was one of the pivotal periods of the modern age. From small beginnings in the 1920s, Hitler's movement came to dominate German society in the 1930s, bringing with it the militarization of German society, the apparatus of state terror and a policy of violent discrimination against political opponents, the so-called asocials: gypsies, homosexuals, and, above all, the Jews. The history of the Reich is bound up with territorial aggression, total war and gecide. The end result was the complete defeat of Germany and the annihilation of millions of Europeans, a historical drama without precedent that still lies as a shadow over modern-day Germany.Richard Overy charts the rise and fall of Nazi power in a compelling narrative of the period, amplified by extensive quotations from documents, letters, diaries and oral testimony, and accompanied by many original and striking images of the era. There are also fact boxes which explore many of the important aspects of the Third Reich in greater detail. Authoritative, informative and sumptuously illustrated, written by a scholar steeped in kwledge of the period, The Third Reich brings the bloody realities of war, conquest and gecide vividly to life. It is an ideal book for anyone fascinated by the stormy history of the twentieth century, World War II and the age of dictators.
- Author BiographyRichard Overy is Professor of History at the University of Exeter. The author of more than twenty books on the dictators, airpower and World War II, he is one of Britain's leading historians of the twentieth century. His books include The Air War 1939-1945, Why the Allies Won, Russia's War and more recently The Dictators, which won the 2005 Wolfson Prize forhistory. He is a Fellow of the British Academy.
- Author(s)Professor of History Richard Overy,Richard J Overy
- PublisherQuercus Books
- Date of Publication05/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRegional History
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintQuercus Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width140 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.