All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAccording to <b>William Ury</b>, it takes two sides to fight, but a third to stop. Distilling the lessons of two decades of experience in family struggles, labor strikes, and wars, he presents a bold new strategy for stopping fights. He also describes ten practical roles--as managers, teachers, parents, and citizens--that each of us can play every day to prevent destructive conflict. Fighting isn't an inevitable part of human nature, Ury explains, drawing on his training as an anthropologist and his work among primitive tribes and modern corporations. We have a powerful alternative--<b>The Third Side</b>--which can transform our daily battles into creative conflict and cooperation at home, at work, and in the world.
- Author Biography<b>William Ury</b> is the co-founder of Harvard's Program on Negotiation, where he directs the Project on Preventing War. One of the world's leading negotiation specialists, his past clients include dozens of Fortune 500 companies as well as the White House and Pentagon. Ury received his B.A. from Yale and a Ph.D. in Anthropology from Harvard. His books <b>Getting to Yes</b> and <b>Getting Past No</b> have sold more than five million copies worldwide.
- Author(s)William L Ury
- PublisherPenguin Putnam Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2000
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Penguin Press
- Weight186 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $12.99Trending at AU $19.24
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.23
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.52
- AU $28.11Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $36.81Trending at AU $38.00
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.46
- AU $14.43Trending at AU $22.84
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.