All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe Thomas Jefferson Foundation Medal in Architecture is one of the most prestigious hors awarded in the discipline of architecture and its related fields, arising from the unique environment afforded by Jefferson's design for the University of Virginia. Since 1966, the medal has recognized the architects, historians, politicians, and benefactors behind some of the most influential designs of the last half century, including Shigeru Ban, Tod Williams and Billie Tsien, Richard Rogers, Jane Jacobs, Frank Gehry, Robert Venturi, Vincent J. Scully, Lawrence Halprin, Philip Johnson, I. M. Pei, Kenzo Tange, Marcel Breuer, Alvar Aalto, and Mies van der Rohe. This handsome volume catalogues the first forty recipients of this hor, outlining their achievements in brief biographies and showcasing their most famous work in color photographs. As School of Architecture dean Karen Van Lengen writes in the introduction, the medal ackwledg[es] the comprehensive nature of the design and development of our public realm...As democracy is a process, so too is design a process that shapes current aesthetic and techlogical invations and gives our culture meaning. The Medalists in this book reflect these values and principles in many different ways.
- PublisherUniversity of Virginia Press
- Date of Publication05/09/2007
- Place of PublicationCharlottesville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Virginia School of Architecture
- Content Note66 colour illustrations
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byJayne Riew,Karen Van Lengen,Lydia Mattice Brandt
- Introduction byGarry Wills
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.