All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.36Trending at AU $49.47
- AU $74.17Trending at AU $76.60
- AU $22.09Trending at AU $23.03
- AU $35.48Trending at AU $39.06
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.07
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.86
About this product
- DescriptionThe Thoughtful Guide to God presents a rational approach to tions of God and soul for those who are disenchanted with organized religion. Reviving concepts of the divine that go back to the earliest human civilizations of both East and West, it shows how ideas have evolved from early scriptural revelations, through the rationalization of the Greek philosophers, to the developments of modern physics. Few works bring together ideas from so many disciplines-from religion, philosophy and science, with all the supporting detail. Packed with references for further reading, it provides a bridge between science and religion, and between many of the different religions of the world. All the terms and concepts are explained so that they are accessible to the general reader. The discoveries of Newton and Galileo, through to Einstein and contemporary scientists, and the ideas of God from a number of Jewish, Christian, Islamic and Hindu thinkers, are presented with brief biographical background to put these personalities in context. Their thoughts are fused with those of Greek and later philosophers that have shaped society in Western Europe to provide a unifying concept of the divine as Communal Soul- a one-world view which it is essential should convince more of the population in the materialist West if Earth and humankind are to survive into the 22nd century.
- Author BiographyAfter completing degrees in mathematics and physical sciences, Howard Jones spent many years carrying out research in medicine. As a professional teacher he has spent his life communicating the value of a one-world holistic spiritual approach to children and adults alike. He lives in Carmarthenshire in the UK.
- Author(s)Howard Jones
- PublisherJohn Hunt Publishing
- Date of Publication01/06/2006
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleThoughtful Guide S.
- Place of PublicationNew Alresford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintO Books
- Weight490 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.