All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFew discussions in modern social science have occupied as much attention as the changing nature of welfare states in western societies. G?sta Esping--Andersen, one of the most distinguished contributors to current debates on this issue, here provides a new analysis of the character and role of welfare states in the functioning of contemporary advanced western societies. Esping--Andersen distinguishes several major types of welfare state, connecting these with variations in the historical development of different western countries. Current ecomic processes, the author argues, such as those moving towards a post--industrial order, are t shaped by automous market forces but by the nature of states and state differences. Fully informed by comparative materials, this book will have great appeal to everyone working on issues of ecomic development and post--industrialism. Its audience will include students and academics in sociology, ecomics and politics.
- Author BiographyAt the time of writing this book, G sta Esping--Andersen was Professor at the European University Institute, Florence.
- Author(s)Gosta Esping-Andersen
- PublisherPolity Press
- Date of Publication20/12/1989
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPolity Press
- Content Note0
- Weight396 g
- Width153 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $56.35Trending at AU $60.64
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $26.10
- AU $74.28Trending at AU $76.09
- AU $35.55Trending at AU $38.80
- AU $31.87Trending at AU $37.29
- AU $37.64Trending at AU $38.56
- AU $47.17Trending at AU $59.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.