All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.51Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
About this product
- DescriptionThe Thrive philosophy is that a person and a people need to survive and desire to thrive in the current world and a sustainable future world. The philosophy's basis is that a person needs to survive and desires to thrive. Its mission is to help a person, a people and the world achieve a survivable and thriving future. The philosophy's ultimate aspiration and ideal is Thriving, the achievement of a survivable and thriving future for a person, a people and the world. As the ideal, Thriving is a person, a people and the world surviving and thriving together. As the human endeavor, Thriving is the lifelong (a person) and neverending (a people and the world) striving to survive and thrive in the current world and a survivable and thriving future world. Ideally, the person and the rest of the world are continuously and simultaneously striving with the best combination of independence and interdependence in joint pursuit of survival and thriving. Our actions are driven by our need to survive and desire to thrive but influenced by a) other persons and the surrounding world and b) the need and desire for a long term, sustainable future. Our relationship with other persons and the surrounding world is driven and governed by our need to survive and desire to thrive in the current world and a sustainable future world. The Thrive philosophy strives to help achieve a survivable and thriving future for a person, a people and the world. Its value lies in improving life for a person, a people and/or the world. Its greater value lies in helping a person, a people and the world survive together on a sustained basis. Its greatest value lies in helping a person, a people and the world thrive together on a sustained basis.
- Author BiographyGary (Chris) Christopherson continues to work nationally and locally on improving health, reducing vulnerability and building a better future. Currently, he develops strategy, management and policy for creating, managing and sustaining large positive change and building a better and thriving future for all forever. ThrivingFuture.org He wrote the nonfiction books Thrive! - Building a Thriving Future, Thrive! - People's Guide to a Thriving Future, Thrive! - All Thrive Forever, The Thrive! Philosophy and Thrive! Endeavor available via Amazon.com and ThrivingFuture.org. Thrive! draws on his 30+ years experience creating, managing and sustaining large positive change at national and local levels in public and private sectors. He founded HealthePeople (building a healthy and thriving future; HealthePeople.com), viaFuture (creating large positive change) and Vulnerable (minimizing vulnerability). He served as a senior leader, manager and policymaker responsible for multi-billion dollar policy, programs and budgets and thousands of employees. His public service includes: Principal Deputy Assistant Secretary and Acting Assistant Secretary of Defense for Health Affairs and Senior Advisor, Department of Defense; Associate Director, Presidential Personnel, Executive Office of the President, White House; Senior Fellow, National Academy of Public Administration; Senior Advisor to Chief Operating Officer and Deputy Director for the Quality Improvement Group, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, DHHS; Senior Advisor to Under Secretary, Veterans Health Administration, VA; Senior Fellow and Scholar-In-Residence, Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences; Chief Information Officer, Veterans Health Administration, VA; Director of Health Legislation, House Select Committee on Aging, U.S. House of Representatives. He is a sculptor of abstract art, focusing on Thrive! sculptures and creating over 150 sculptures. GChris Sculpture at GChris.com. He wrote science fiction novel black box and illustrated children's book Angel, Thriving Creator of Artful Things. Both are available via Amazon.com and GChris.com. He received his bachelor's in political science and his master's in urban and regional planning from the University of Wisconsin - Madison, and did doctoral work in health policy and management at John Hopkins University School of Public Health.
- Author(s)MR Gary Christopherson
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication24/05/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight50 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine1 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.