All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Tidal Model represents a significant alternative to mainstream mental health theories, emphasising how those suffering from mental health problems can benefit from taking a more active role in their own treatment. Based on extensive research, The Tidal Model charts the development of this approach, outlining the theoretical basis of the model to illustrate the benefits of a holistic model of care which promotes self-management and recovery. Clinical examples are also employed to show how, by exploring rather than igring a client's narrative, practitioners can encourage the individual's greater involvement in the decisions affecting their assessment and treatment. The appendices guide the reader in developing their own assessment and care plans. The Tidal Model's comprehensive coverage of the theory and practice of this model will be of great use to a range of mental health professionals and those in training in the fields of mental health nursing, social work, psychotherapy, clinical psychology and occupational therapy.
- Author BiographyPhilip J. Barker is a psychotherapist in private practice and also Visiting Professor at Trinity College, Dublin. Poppy Buchanan-Barker is a Social Worker and Director of the Barkers' Independent Mental Health Consultancy.
- Author(s)Poppy Buchanan-Barker,Prof. Philip J. Barker
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/12/2004
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight476 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Foreword byIrene Whitehill,Sally Clay
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.82
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.86
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $36.95
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.10
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.23
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.