All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Victorian scientist and inventor creates a machine for propelling himself through time, and voyages to the year AD 802701, where he discovers a race of humaids called the Eloi. Their gently indolent way of life, set in a decaying cityscape, leads thescientist to believe that they are the remnants of a once great civilization. He is forced to revise this assessment when he comes across the cave dwellings of threatening apelike creatures kwn as Morlocks, whose dark underground world he must explore to discover the terrible secrets of this fractured society, and the means of getting back to his own time.A biting critique of class and social equality as well as an invative and much imitated piece of science fiction which introduced the idea of time travel into the popular consciousness, The Time Machine is a profound and extraordinarily prescient vel.
- Author BiographyWidely considered to be the father of science fi ction, Herbert George Wells (1866-1946), or H.G. Wells as he is better known, was an innovative and prolifi c writer across many genres. His most famous works - such as The Time Machine, The Invisible Man, and The War of the Worlds - are considered modern classics.
- Author(s)H. G. Wells
- PublisherAlma Books Ltd
- Date of Publication23/03/2017
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleAlma Classics Evergreens
- Place of PublicationRichmond
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAlma Classics
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.25
- AU $84.17Trending at AU $91.13
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.49
- AU $12.76Trending at AU $15.08
- AU $11.56Trending at AU $16.38
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.67
- AU $21.57Trending at AU $24.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.