All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.51
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.74
About this product
- DescriptionThe Time Machine by H. G. Wells. This edition is an unabridged, paperback republishing of Wells' classic science fiction vel. The Time Machine is a science fiction vella by H. G. Wells, published in 1895 for the first time and later adapted into at least two feature films of the same name, as well as two television versions, and a large number of comic book adaptations. It indirectly inspired many more works of fiction in many media. This 32,000 word story is generally credited with the popularisation of the concept of time travel using a vehicle that allows an operator to travel purposefully and selectively. The term time machine, coined by Wells, is w universally used to refer to such a vehicle. Wells also introduced the idea of time being the fourth dimension, as well as an early example of the Dying Earth subgenre.
- Author BiographyHerbert George Wells (21 September 1866 - 13 August 1946) was an English author, now best known for his work in the science fiction genre. He was also a prolific writer in many other genres, including contemporary novels, history, politics and social commentary, even writing text books. Together with Jules Verne, Wells has been referred to as The Father of Science Fiction. Wells was an outspoken socialist and sympathetic to pacifist views, although he supported the First World War once it was under way, and his later works became increasingly political and didactic. His middle-period novels (1900-1920) were less science-fictional; they covered lower-middle class life (The History of Mr Polly) and the New Woman and the Suffragettes (Ann Veronica).
- Author(s)H G Wells
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/10/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight91 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.