All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe highly-acclaimed sequel to H G Wells's The Time Machine, from the heir to Arthur C. Clarke. Written to celebrate the centenary of the publication of H G Wells's classic story The Time Machine, Stephen Baxter's stunning sequel is an outstanding work of imaginative fiction. The Time Traveller has abandoned his charming and helpless Eloi friend Weena to the cannibal appetites of the Morlocks, the devolved race of future humans from whom he was forced to flee. He promptly embarks on a second journey to the year AD 802,701, pledged to rescue Weena. He never arrives! The future was changed by his presence! and will be changed again. Hurled towards infinity, the Traveller must resolve the paradoxes building around him in a dazzling temporal journey of discovery. He must achieve the impossible if Weena is to be saved.
- Author BiographyStephen Baxter applied to become an astronaut in 1991. He didn't make it, but achieved the next best thing by becoming a science fiction writer, and his novels and short stories have been published and won awards around the world. His science background is in maths and engineering. He is married and lives in Buckinghamshire.
- PrizesWinner of British Science Fiction Association Award 1995 and John W Campbell Award 1995.
- Author(s)Stephen Baxter
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication11/09/1995
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date28/10/2010
- Content Note4 b&w illustrations
- Weight324 g
- Width111 mm
- Height178 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $69.05Trending at AU $73.04
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $83.25
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $16.34
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.40
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $21.58Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $11.53Trending at AU $14.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.