Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.07
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $35.05
About this product
- DescriptionBill Medley's indelible baritone adorns some of the biggest hits of the twentieth century-- You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin', (You're My) Soul and Inspiration, Rock and Roll Heaven --and is prominent on the soundtrack of an entire generation. He and his musical partner, the late inimitable Bobby Hatfield, formed the Righteous Brothers in 1963 and forever changed the sound of popular music. The term blue-eyed soul was born. After the Phil Spector-produced You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin' hit #1 in 1964 and Bobby Hatfield's sweeping solo vocal turn on Unchained Melody enchanted millions, the Righteous Brothers found themselves in the thick of the musical and cultural changes sweeping the nation. They toured with the Beatles and the Rolling Stones, became friends with Elvis Presley and the Beach Boys, and brought rhythm and blues to the largest cross-over audience it had reached to date. The Time of My Life is an affecting and vivid memoir of those times and beyond, an unvarnished look at Bill Medley's personal triumphs and tragedies through the filter of five decades of musical, television, motion picture, and live-performance success. Medley opens his head and his heart, sharing his thoughts and feelings about the great African-American music that inspired him, his loving yet tumultuous and complicated relationship with Bobby Hatfield, the murder of his first wife Karen and his struggle to raise their son alone, his close friendship with Elvis and its sad ending, his deep depression over losing his voice (and how he got it back), his smash duet with Jennifer Warnes on (I've Had) the Time of My Life for the Dirty Dancing soundtrack, and how he learned to settle down and become a family man and enjoy a nearly thirty-year (and counting) marriage. But Medley's story isn't just about the #1 hits and the awards. It's the story of an immensely talented young guy who lived the rock star life and reached the pinnacle of fame, success, and excess, and how he was eventually able to renew his commitment to both his faith and his family.
- Author BiographyBill Medley, along with the other half of the Righteous Brothers, Bobby Hatfield, has recorded such hits as You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin', (You're My) Soul and Inspiration, Unchained Melody, and Rock and Roll Heaven. His worldwide #1 hit, (I've Had) the Time of My Life, with Jennifer Warnes, earned him a Grammy, a Golden Globe, an American Music Award, an Academy Award, and Video of the Year honors. In 2003, Medley and Hatfield were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame by Billy Joel, and he continues to tour and perform to sold-out audiences everywhere. He lives in Southern California with his wife Paula. Mike Marino is an author, speaker, and musician. He was a member of several popular music groups including the McCoys, famous for their #1 hit Hang on Sloopy. He lives in Orange County, California.
- Author(s)Bill Medley
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication24/04/2014
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationCambridge, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDa Capo Press Inc
- Content Note16 pages b/w photos
- Weight457 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.