All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $75.99Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
About this product
- DescriptionTizia Vecellio (Pieve di Cadore 1488-90 - Venice 1576) is one of the artists who have left their mark in the history of painting, with an heritage that goes from Velazquez to Cezanne. The top painter in High Renaissance Venice, Titian goes from monumental works such as the Frari altarpiece (over 22 feet high) to the psychological dimension of portraiture and to elegiac or dyonisiac treatment of mythological themes. Titian was formed by Giorgione and Giovanni Bellini, went on to develop his own chromatic classicism until the mannerist crisis , followed by the incorporation of a sculptural quality in his later art.Throughout his extremely productive and long life, marked by international fame and exceptional friendships (from Ariosto to Areti), long trips and homage from powerful rulers (he was made count by the Emperor Charles V), Titian pursued the sense and matter of colour, up to the point where, an old man and almost blind, he painted with his fingers and regretted the inevitable end when he was finally starting to understand what painting truly is.
- PublisherACC Art Books
- Date of Publication15/11/2007
- SubjectIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Series TitleTimeline
- Place of PublicationWoodbridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintACC Editions
- Content Note32 col.
- Weight136 g
- Width112 mm
- Height158 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Translated byTimothy Stroud
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.