All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $115.99Trending at AU $139.68
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $73.00
- AU $68.62Trending at AU $90.31
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $34.88
- AU $37.74Trending at AU $39.42
- AU $17.48Trending at AU $19.81
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.15
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by the late Patrick Wormald, one of the leading authorities on Bede's life and work over a 30-year period, this book is a collection of studies on Bede and early English Christian society. * A collection of studies on Bede, the greatest historian of the English Middle Ages, and the early English church. * Integrates the religious, intellectual, political and social history of the English in their first Christian centuries. * Looks at how Bede and other writers charted the establishment of a Christian community within a warrior society. * Features the first map of all kwn or likely early Christian communities in England. * Includes plans and illustrations of the finest early Christian church in England at Brixworth. * An appendix considers Bede's treatment of St. Hilda, the first great English female saint.
- Author BiographyBefore his death in 2004, Patrick Wormald was a Fellow of Wolfson College, Oxford. He was previously a Fellow of All Souls, Oxford, a Lecturer in Medieval History at the University of Glasgow, and a Student of Christ Church, Oxford. He lectured widely in Europe, Scandinavia and North America and had an international reputation as an early-medieval scholar secured by many impressive and meticulously researched articles and by his most magisterial achievement, The Making of English Law. The Editor Stephen Baxter was one of Patrick Wormald's students, and is a Lecturer in Medieval History at King's College, London.
- Author(s)Patrick Wormald
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication17/10/2006
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content Note5 illustrations
- Weight696 g
- Width160 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byStephen Baxter
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.