All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis book develops an original Heideggerian account of the timespace and indeterminacy of human activity while describing insights that this account provides into the nature of activity, society and history. Drawing on empirical examples, the book argues that activity timespace is a key component of social space and time, shows that interwoven timespaces form an essential infrastructure of social phemena, offers a vel account of the existence of the past in the present, and defends the teleological character of emotional and ceremonial actions.
- Author BiographyTheodore R. Schatzki is professor and associate dean of faculty in the department of philosophy at the University of Kentucky. He is author of Social Practices: A Wittgensteinian Approach to Human Activity and the Social, The Site of the Social: A Philosophical Exploration of the Constitution of Social Life and Change, and Martin Heidegger: Theorist of Space, as well as coeditor of The Practice Turn in Contemporary Theory.
- Author(s)Theodore R. Schatzki
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication07/12/2012
- Series TitleToposophia: Sustainability, Dwelling, Design
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Weight417 g
- Width152 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.