All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionZdenka Fantlova's peaceful life was changed forever when she was sent to Terezin concentration camp. Here she was given a humble engraved tin ring by her first love Ar. When he gave her the ring he said, 'That's for our engagement. And to keep you safe. If we are both alive when the war ends I will find you'. Ar was sent East on a penal transport later that same day. Zdenka survived six concentration camps including Auschwitz, Gross Rosen, Mauthausen and Belsen - the worst of all - risking her life for the tin ring. In the last chaotic days of the war in Belsen she crawled to a Red Cross post. There she was saved by an unkwn British soldier to whom the book is dedicated. A unique and incredible story of love, human endurance and will power.
- Author BiographyZdenka Fantlova is one of the few living eye-witnesses to the horror of the Holocaust, to which she lost her entire family. For as long as she lives Zdenka is determined to tell her inspiring story of great love, and of what happened in the Holocaust, to as many people as possible. The Tin Ring is a unique account of how a seventeen-year-old girl survived the horrors of six Nazi concentration camps, including Auschwitz and Bergen-Belsen. An incredible story of human endurance and will power.
- Author(s)Zdenka Fantlova
- PublisherMcNidder & Grace
- Date of Publication30/08/2012
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationPembroke Dock
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMcNidder & Grace
- Content Noteblack & white halftones
- Weight263 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.