Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.61Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.04Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.75Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $19.76Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.90Trending at AU $31.41
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the story of a brave little car that helped to win a war. In the 1940s world of elegant, luxury automobiles, the Tin Snail is beauty. But it's facing a tough challenge: to carry a farmer and his wife, a flagon of wine and a tray of eggs across a bumpy field in a sleepy French village - without spilling a drop or cracking a shell. And then an even bigger challenge comes along - staying hidden from an officer of the occupying Nazi army, who is bent on stealing the design for the enemy! Loosely inspired by real events, with ingredients from the best children's favourites (a dash of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, a pinch of Hugo, and a sprinkling of Dad's Army) this debut vel from successful screenwriter Cameron McAllister is set to be a classic hit and a fun, big-hearted read for the whole family.
- Author BiographyCameron McAllister is a TV scriptwriter, and has worked on shows such as Robinson Crusoe, Spooks Code 9, Primeval and Emmerdale. He grew up near the beaches of Cornwall, and now lives in Brighton with his wife, four sons and Floss the dog.
- PrizesShortlisted for Peters Book of the Year: Junior Fiction 2015.
- Author(s)Cameron McAllister
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication08/05/2014
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJonathan Cape Ltd
- Out-of-print date05/08/2016
- Weight592 g
- Width162 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 9
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.