All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis third in a series of hardcover books joins the award-winning titles The Stratocaster Chronicles and The Soul of Tone by author/historian Tom Wheeler. The Dream Factory features hundreds of full-color photos of incredibly rare, collectible, and limited edition handcrafted guitars. In over 600 pages, learn the fascinating tale of the Fender Custom Shop and its illustrious artisans as only Tom Wheeler can tell it. It features: foreword by Billy F Gibbons; and, over 630 images illustrating the first master builders and their humble beginnings through the many changes up to present-day operations. It includes many one-of-a-kind custom guitar masterpieces and reproductions of acclaimed guitarists' instruments, such as Eric Clapton's Blackie, Jimi Hendrix's Monterey Strat, Stevie Ray Vaughan's No. 1, and many more. It is a must-have for all guitar enthusiasts! It includes unprecedented view inside one of the music industry's most creative and prolific custom instrument shops. It offers fascinating interviews and stories from the men and women who set the standard for guitar greatness. It features behind-the-scenes looks at how playable works of art are created.
- Author BiographyTOM WHEELER was the editor in chief of Guitar Player magazine for ten years, founding editorial director of Bass Player magazine, and continued to provide a monthly column for Guitar Player for ten additional years. He has written many books, American Guitars: An Illustrated History, The Stratocaster Chronicles, and The Soul of Tone. He has also contributed to dozens of other books on guitar, as well as being interviewed by The New York Times, Chicago Tribune, The Wall Street Journal, National Public Radio, MTV, the BBC, and CNN. He is a consultant to the Smithsonian Institute and host of informational videos for Fender and Guild.
- Author(s)Tom Wheeler
- PublisherHal Leonard Corporation
- Date of Publication31/10/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationMilwaukee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHal Leonard Corporation
- Content NoteFull Colour throughout
- Weight2773 g
- Width254 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Foreword byBilly F. Gibbons
- Contained items statementContains Hardback and CD-Audio
Most relevant reviews
- con585604 May, 2012by
I am a guitar player and collector! This book is incredible! It has all the history of the custom shop factory. Its a must have for anybody who plays or collects fender custom shop guitars.
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $41.79Trending at AU $43.10
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.61
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.15
- AU $43.42Trending at AU $48.90
- AU $30.57Trending at AU $33.73
- AU $17.85Trending at AU $25.07
- AU $11.97Trending at AU $20.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.