Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.25
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.80
- AU $34.64Trending at AU $35.22
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.96
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.27
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.07
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.11
About this product
- DescriptionThere are his aging parents, whose disagreements sharpen as their health declines; and his beloved brother, lost tragically to AIDS; and his long-term boyfriend--always present, but always kept at a distance. There is also the revelatory, joyful music of the B-52s, Chase's sexual confusion in his twenties, and more recently, the mysterious appearance in his luggage of weird objects from Iran the year his mother died In the midst of all this is Chase's singular voice--incisive, wry, confiding, by turns cool or emotional, always engaging The way this book is written--in pitch-perfect fragments--is crucial to Chase's deeper message: that we experience and remember in short bursts of insight, terror, comedy, and love. As ambitious in its form as it is in its radical candor, The Tooth Fairy is the rare memoir that can truly claim to rethink the genre.
- Author BiographyClifford Chase is the author of the cult classic novel Winkie. He is also the author of a memoir, The Hurry-Up Song, and edited the anthology Queer 13: Lesbian & Gay Writers Recall Seventh Grade. His writing has appeared in publications ranging from Newsweek.com to Yale Review to McSweeney s. He lived in New York City and Sharon, Connecticut, and teaches at Wesleyan University.
- Author(s)Clifford Chase
- PublisherOverlook Press
- Date of Publication03/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOverlook Press
- Weight499 g
- Width127 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.