All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.40
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.21
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.51
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.47
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $57.00
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionTHE TOP 20 SECRETS OF GREAT SINGERS: Their Mindset & Methods --is the music industry's critically acclaimed manifesto revealing the 20 choices made by Great Singers to distinguish themselves and their performances from all other singers: The 7 Simple Habits upgrading a singer's performance in ONE HOUR; The 8 Core Values capable of replacing a singer's complacency with professional authority in just ONE WEEK; The 5 Daily Commitments fulfilled which, along with the other 15 Top Secrets, will catapult already Great Singers into the echelon of the Greatest Singers of all time. Quotes, Interviews, anecdotes, techniques, short lessons and opinions from some of today's best singers, musicians, producers, recording engineers and vocal coaches reinforce the comprehensive Top 20 Secrets revealed by author and teacher Lane Cura Meng. Cura Meng's direct, conversational approach speaks to all singers--celebrity, pro and avocational--with encouragement and authority to give them hope and possibilities for a better artistic future. She challenges celebrity singers to higher competencies, holding them accountable to the continued artistic excellence they owe themselves and their audiences. Real-life case studies and solutions to the questions asked by singers of all levels--including celebrities--will further personalize the reader's experience in studying THE TOP 20 SECRETS OF GREAT SINGERS. Music industry pros, songwriters, recording engineers, managers and producers will learn the best ways to communicate with Great Singers and how best to influence them to perform at their highest level. Singers will learn how to successfully balance business and artistry without resorting to provocative gimmickry and publicity stunts which cheapen the singer's respectability and artistry over time.
- Author BiographyOver 30 years experience as a performing artist, director, music instructor, vocal coach and composer qualifies Lane Cura Meng to complete this 4-year project for aspiring singers of all competencies. Cura Meng is also the composer/playwright of the critically acclaimed musical theater work, JOURNEY ONWARD, which premiered in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida in 2003. A former lead vocalist Grand Prize Winner of the National Performing Arts Festival, she studied songwriting under the international award-winning composer, producer and teacher, the late Richard Gillinson and was a vocal pedagogy protege of the late composer and voice teacher Fred Silver. Cura Meng is a member of NSAI (Nashville Songwriters Association International) and resident artist with QBD, Ink, an Asian-American Theatre Alliance in the Washington, D.C. under the direction of Filipina playwright Reme Grefalda. Cura Meng served as the culture, arts & entertainment columnist for the periodicals Horizon (Washington, D.C.) and The College Sun (South Florida) and was a multicultural cable television and radio broadcaster for three years, serving as an adjunct adviser to Florida Atlantic University's radio broadcasting department from 2001-2003. Cura Meng now resides in South Florida where she teaches vocal artistry and music ensemble in private practice. She performs regularly throughout venues in the South Florida and Washington, D.C. metro area.
- Author(s)Lane Cura Meng
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication23/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight785 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.