All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.00
- AU $28.69Trending at AU $30.81
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.80
- AU $44.48Trending at AU $52.87
- AU $78.77Trending at AU $116.22
- AU $34.28Trending at AU $38.66
- AU $44.27Trending at AU $52.85
About this product
- DescriptionEverything you need to kw about your new feline friend, with over 200 top tips from the experts at Adopt-a-Pet.com! From adoption and care to behavior and communication, this is the most comprehensive guide to cats available. The experts at Adopt-a-Pet.com, who have spent many years connecting homeless pets to their new families, have compiled all the essential information on adopting a new feline family member into one definitive tome: <b>Basics: </b> Understand your new kitten or cat, prepare for a new arrival, get the skinny on supplies and toys, and learn everything you need to kw to integrate a kitty into your home and life. <b>Behavior</b> Get the scoop on breed characteristics, troubleshoot problems, and learn how to communicate with your new friend. <b>Care & Health</b> Choose a veterinarian, treat common ailments, and keep kitty entertained, clean, happy, and safe in their new home! Get ready for your new kitten or learn everything you need to kw about the family cat with <i>The Total Cat Manual</i>. With high-quality design, intricate detail, and a durable flexicover, this manual is the perfect gift!
- Author Biography<b>Adopt-a-Pet.com</b>(formerly 1-800-Save-A-Pet.com) is North America's largest non-profit pet adoption website. We help nearly 16,000 animalshelters, humane societies, SPCAs, pet rescue groups, and pet adoption agencies advertise their homeless pets to millions of adopters amonth, for free. We also provide useful and informative information on the human/companion animal relationship to help keep pets healthy and permanently in their loving homes. Our blog has articles, and our YouTube channel has useful pet training as well as entertaining videos, all produced by our expert staff of professionals in animal training and behavior, as well as human psychology. As a multiple world champion Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu competitor, as well as a martial arts expert and teacher (having trained the likes of Chuck Norris and many top UFC fighters), <b>David Meyer</b> has spent a lifetime enabling weaker individuals to become stronger. But as the co-founder and president ofAdopt-a-Pet.com, he is a passionate advocate for the truly powerless in our society abandoned and homeless animals. David has used his skills to help guideAdopt-a-Pet.comto become the world s largest non-profit homeless petadoption website, and he continues to push theorganizationforward and act as aspokesperson for all shelter animals. <b>Abbie Moore</b>, executive director ofAdopt-a-Pet.com, revels in the opportunity to bring joy to animals and the people who adopt them. After starting her career in the entertainment industry, Abbie pursued her passion for animal welfare and worked at a large animal rescue organization in Los Angeles. With Adopt-a-Pet.com, Abbie leads many new initiatives, including celebrity-oriented social networking campaigns and the organization s extensive work with professional athletes who have a passion for helping stray pets. <b>Dr. Pia Salk</b>specializes in social justice and the human-animal bond. She is anAdopt-a-Pet.comspokesperson and a contributing writer to their website; her writing was also included in the recently published<i>Pet Loss and Human Emotion.</i>She was a frequent guest on the<i>Martha Stewart Show</i>and was a regular guest contributor to The Martha Stewart blog The Daily Wag . She has been featured on<i>Animal Planet s Hurricane Heroes</i>and<i>20/20</i>for her animal rescue efforts following hurricane Katrina.
- Author(s)David Meyer,Dr. Pia Salk
- PublisherWeldon Owen
- Date of Publication31/10/2016
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationMcMahons Point
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintWeldon Owen
- Content NoteOver 500 colour photographs and illustrations throughout
- Weight771 g
- Width190 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.