The Tour De France 2006: Triumph and Turmoil for Floyd Landis by John Wilcockson (Paperback, 2006)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $31.06+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $17.95Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by book-a-brac
- Est. delivery by 30 Oct
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis work presents the narrative and record of the 2006 tour de france cycle race. The 2006 Tour de France was positively riveting, from the events of the race to the drug scandal that surrounded it. Many of cycling's most promising stars were disqualified just days before the race got underway, but true to predictions, the Tour turned up some of the most exciting stage finishes in the history of the sport. American Floyd Landis captured and recaptured the yellow jersey and attention of cycling fans around the world with a stunning performance. But in a most ironic twist, the Tour ended as it began. Just days after Landis' victory lap on the Champs Elysee, controversy turned the race upside-down once more when the blood sample taken after his stage 17 win tested positive in a French lab. Drawing on the unique access of the VeloNews editorial team, The 2006 Tour de France records every moment of the race with masterful detail and poignant profiles. Complete with maps and stage profiles, behind-the-scenes stories, incisive interviews, and thorough daily reports, the 2006 Tour recap will delve into the race that shocked cycling fans and rocked the sport of cycling. This paperback also features color photo section.
- Author BiographyJohn Wilcockson is the editorial director of VeloNews, the journal of competitive cycling. Editor Kip Mikler and seasoned reporters Andrew Hood and Neal Rodgers also make significant contributions to an authoritative account of the Tour.
- Author(s)John Wilcockson
- Date of Publication01/12/2006
- SubjectMotor Sports & Cycling
- Place of PublicationBoulder
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note30 colour photos
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.