All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.28
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.57
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.39
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $30.66
- AU $27.86Trending at AU $29.04
- AU $15.63Trending at AU $22.18
About this product
- DescriptionThe bestselling historical mystery from Australia's favourite velist Reilly's concoction makes for a cracking read. Sun Herald a fast-paced and exhilarating romp Weekend Australian ...the best vel that Reilly has written The Age Even a pawn can become a queen. The year is 1546. Suleiman the Magnificent, the powerful and feared Sultan of the Ottoman Empire, issues an invitation to every king in Europe: YOU ARE INVITED TO SEND YOUR FINEST PLAYER TO COMPETE IN A CHESS TOURNAMENT TO DETERMINE THE CHAMPION OF THE KNOWN WORLD. The English delegation - led by esteemed scholar Roger Ascham - journeys to the glittering city of Constantiple. Accompanying Ascham is his pupil, Bess, who is about to bear witness to events she never thought possible. For on the first night of the tournament, a powerful guest of the Sultan is murdered, and against the backdrop of the historic event, Ascham is tasked with finding the killer. Barbaric deaths, unimaginable depravity and diplomatic treachery unfold before Bess's eyes, indelibly shaping her character and determining how she will perform her future role...as Queen Elizabeth I. Shortlisted for the ABIA General Fiction Book of the Year 2014 The lusty bawdiness of The Borgias, the cunning sleuthing of an Agatha Christie and a large dose of The Tudors Australian Women's Weekly Fans of Clive Cussler, Tom Clancy and Michael Crichton will love Matthew Reilly.
- Author BiographyMatthew Reilly is the international bestselling author of thirteen novels: Contest, Ice Station, Temple, Area 7, Scarecrow, Hover Car Racer, Hell Island, Seven Ancient Wonders, The Six Sacred Stones, The Five Greatest Warriors, Scarecrow and the Army of Thieves, The Tournament, The Great Zoo of China and the upcoming Troll Mountain. His books are published in over 20 languages, with worldwide sales exceeding 4 million copies.
- PrizesShortlisted for ABIA Australian General Fiction Book of the Year 2014.
- Author(s)Matthew Reilly
- PublisherPan Macmillan Australia
- Date of Publication01/05/2015
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintPan Australia
- Weight304 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.