All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPatagonia's Cerro Torre, considered by many the most beautiful peak in the world, draws the finest and most devoted technical alpinists to its climbing challenges. But controversy has swirled around this ice-capped peak since Cesare Maestri claimed first ascent in 1959. Since then a debate has raged, with world-class climbers attempting to retrace his route but finding only contradictions. This chronicle of hubris, heroism, controversies and epic journeys offers a glimpse into the human condition, and why some pursue extreme endeavors that at face value have worth.
- Author BiographyKelly Cordes maximizes outdoor time and climbing alpine-style routes. His climbing includes the first ascent of the Azeem Ridge in disaster style. He writes to support his passion for climbing and is a Patagonia Ambassador. He lives in Estes Park, CO.
- Author(s)Kelly Cordes
- PublisherPatagonia Books
- Date of Publication30/10/2014
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationVentura
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPatagonia Books
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight771 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.93
- AU $23.60Trending at AU $29.65
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.93
- AU $30.86Trending at AU $32.07
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.73
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $22.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.