All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFew experiences in the wild are as satisfying as tracking down an animal on its own terms on its own turf. Whether you're hunting, seeking to capture an animal's image on film or video, or simply trying to get closer to nature, successful tracking is a valuable, and disappearing, skill. The Tracker's Handbook was written to make anyone, matter how much experience they have in the wild, better versed in the fine points of tracking North American wildlife. Len McDougall's book will also cover the modern tools that can make tracking easier. Over twenty different animals are profiled, including the New World Moose, American Elk, and Whitetailed Deer. Each section goes into fine detail, including the habitat and range; foods; mating and seasonal habits; tracks; scat (feces); signs; and vocalizations of the animals. Plus there are detailed sections on tracking and stalking techniques such as cold hunting, camouflage, and using the stump method. In addition to all of this, the book is rife with full gorgeous full color photographs, illustrating each point. For anyone looking to up their hunting game, for anyone that is interested in nature and all its majesty The Tracker's Handbook is a must have. Skyhorse Publishing is proud to publish a broad range of books for hunters and firearms enthusiasts. We publish books about shotguns, rifles, handguns, target shooting, gun collecting, self-defense, archery, ammunition, knives, gunsmithing, gun repair, and wilderness survival. We publish books on deer hunting, big game hunting, small game hunting, wing shooting, turkey hunting, deer stands, duck blinds, bowhunting, wing shooting, hunting dogs, and more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to publishing books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked by other publishers and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyLen McDougall is a professional outdoorsman with four decades of sometimes hard experience in the north woods. He is an internationally recognized survival instructor/tracker. He is the author of The Encyclopedia of Track & Scats, The Log Cabin: An Adventure, Practical Outdoor Survival, and The Snowshoe Almanac. He teaches survival, snowshoeing, kayaking, dogsledding, and tracking classes, and works as a wilderness guide. He currently lives in Paradise, Michigan.
- Author(s)Len McDougall
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication22/01/2015
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSkyhorse Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width127 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.