All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDefinitive visual history and glorious celebration of all things train and track The Train Book traces the history and role of trains from the first steam engines to diesel engines and then to today's high-speed bullet trains. You'll take a journey through the most important trains of each period and see iconic trains such as the Orient Express, the Fairy Queen, the Mallard and the Javelin in incredible detail, discovering the anatomy of these legendary engines. The Train Book gives you a truly international view of trains, exploring some of the world's most impressive rail routes from South Africa to Siberia, including the Darjeeling Himalayan Railway and the high-speed Japanese Tokaido Shinkansen line. You'll discover the stories of key invators, designers and engineers who advanced rail travel, the challenges they faced and the cultural backdrop against which the railways were built. The Train Book is the perfect gift for train enthusiasts of all ages.
- PublisherDorling Kindersley Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2014
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1600 images
- Weight1960 g
- Width258 mm
- Height302 mm
- Spine26 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.16
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $32.99Trending at AU $40.00
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.