All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.38Trending at AU $49.05
- AU $74.49Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $22.11Trending at AU $22.83
- AU $35.53Trending at AU $38.73
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $17.62Trending at AU $22.87
- AU $37.61Trending at AU $38.49
About this product
- DescriptionAmid the ravages of a world war, three men -- a general, a president, and a prime minister -- are locked in a rivalry that threatens their partnership and puts the world's most celebrated city at risk of destruction before it can be liberated. This is the setting of The Paris Game , a dramatic recounting of how an obscure French general under sentence of death by his government launches on the most ermous gamble of his life: to fight on alone after his country's capitulation to Nazi Germany. In a game of intrigue and double-dealing, Charles de Gaulle must struggle to retain the loyalty of Winston Churchill against the unforgiving opposition of Franklin Roosevelt and the traitorous maeuvring of a collaborationist Vichy France. How he succeeds in restoring the hour of France and securing its place as a world power is the stuff of raw history, both stirring and engrossing.
- Author BiographyRon Brown is a geographer and travel author of more than twenty books, including Rails Across the Prairies, The Train Doesn't Stop Here Anymore, and Back Roads of Ontario. He is past chair of the Writers' Union of Canada and leads tours of Ontario's unusual sights. He lives in Toronto.
- Author(s)Ron Brown
- PublisherDundurn Group Ltd
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationToronto
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintDundurn Group Ltd
- Content Note220 illus
- Weight1 g
- Width230 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.