All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis work examines the Japanese Noh theatre historically, philosophically (with an evaluation of Zeami's treatises) and in respect of the Noh training. It includes a short play, The Dove , which reflects the influence of the Noh theatre and provides references to its cultural source.
- Author BiographyDavid Griffiths is a playwright, teacher, theatre director, and book illustrator. He is particularly interested in the training of young performers and has conducted many mask workshops in schools, community centres, colleges, universities and theatre companies in Britain. He has worked with mask in Russia and studied the use of mask in Noh theatre in Japan. His plays have been broadcast by the BBC and have toured the UK and Ireland.
- Author(s)David Griffiths
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication31/12/1996
- SubjectOther Performing Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight362 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Illustrator(s)David Griffiths
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.