All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionIn this amazing kit, writing expert Ruth Culham gives you grade-perfect mentor texts with in-depth lessons to help you teach the traits of writing--ideas, organization, voice, word choice, sentence fluency, and conventions. The sixth-grade version includes: - 6 mentor texts: Rules by Cynthia Lord; The Journey: Stories of Migrations by Cynthia Rylant; The Bunyans by Audrey Wood; Any Small Goodness by Tony Johnston; Island by Gordon Korman; The Day Martin Luther King, Jr., Was Shot By Jim Haskins- 6 16-page teaching guides, each with four model lessons, student reproducibles, a scoring rubric, and extension activities- A CD with mentor-text passages, whiteboard activities, and student reproducibles- 6 teaching posters perfect for middle school Add to this Culham's best-selling professional book, Using Mentor to Teach Writing With the Traits, and color-coded stickers, and you've got a complete resource for teaching with the traits. Best of all, these materials are organized in a sturdy box with hanging folders--one for each trait--for easy, expandable storage that will accommodate trait-based lesson materials for years to come. For use with Grade 6.
- Author BiographyRuth Culham, Ed.D., is the president of the Culham Writing Company and former Unit Manager of the Assessment Program at Education Northwest in Portland, Oregon. She is the recognized expert in the traits of writing field and author of many professional resources published by Scholastic, including 6+1 Traits of Writing: The Complete Guide, Grades 3 and Up; 6+1 Traits of Writing: The Complete Guide for the Primary Grades; and Traits of Writing: The Complete Guide for Middle School, winner of the 2011 Teacher's Choice award. As a pioneering researcher in this field, Ruth creates and conducts teacher workshops to provide professional development at local, district, and state levels; at state and national conferences she's a featured speaker on teaching writing using the traits. The highlight of her 19-year teaching career was being named English Teacher of the Year in Montana. But most recently, she'd proudest of authoring Traits Writing, a revolutionary writing program for grades K-8 available from Scholastic.
- Author(s)Ruth Culham
- PublisherScholastic Teaching Resources
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleTrait Crate
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScholastic Teaching Resources
- Weight3062 g
- Width345 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine135 mm
- Contained items statementContains General merchandise and Poster and CD-Audio and Paperback / softback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.