Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.24
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.97
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionMuch is kwn about the American Revolutionary and Civil Wars. Relatively little is kwn about the wars to conquer the Trans-Appalachian West; the area between the Appalachian Mountains and the Mississippi River. Yet, in terms of political ramifications and intrigue, military strategies and tactics, and interactions between different entities and individuals, these campaigns rank high on the scale of complexity and interest. Just as other wars highlighted great generals; Washington, Lee, and Grant, and memorable battles; Spotsylvania, The Bulge, and The Persian Gulf Flank Run, the Trans-Appalachian Wars had impressive features as well. These wars encompassed the five action phases: The Indian (or Woodland) Wars, 1790-1795, The War of 1812 in the Old Northwest, 1811-1813, The Creek War, 1813-1814, The War of 1812 in the Old Southwest, 1814-1815, and The Stabilization of the Gulf Coast, 1811-1818. They brought to the fore three great generals; Mad Anthony Wayne, William Henry Harrison, and Andrew Jackson, who fought and won five great battles: The Battle of Fallen Timbers, August 20, 1794; The Battle of Tippecae, November 7, 1811; The Battle of the Thames, October 8, 1813; The Battle of Horseshoe Bend, March 27, 1814; and The Battle of New Orleans, January 8, 1815.
- Author BiographyJohn Eric Vining is a lifelong student of history. He lives in close proximity to the battlefields and campaign routes of the mid-western and southern wars between 1790 and 1818 to lend a personal perspective to his first book. John lives with his wife and family in Ohio City, Ohio.
- Author(s)John Eric Vining
- PublisherTrafford Publishing
- Date of Publication26/01/2010
- SubjectHistory: World & General
- Place of PublicationVictoria
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintTrafford Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight579 g
- Width229 mm
- Height152 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsWith printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.