All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Transformation of Academic Health Centers: The Institutional Challenge to Improve Health and Well-Being in Healthcare's Changing Landscape presents the direct kwledge and vision of accomplished academic leaders whose unique positions as managers of some of the most complex academic and business enterprises make them expert contributors. Users will find invaluable insights and leadership perspectives on healthcare, health professions education, and bio-medical and clinical research that systematically explores the evolving role of global academic health centers with an eye focused on the transformation necessary to be successful in challenging environments. The book is divided into five sections moving from the broad perspective of the role of academic health centers to the role of education, training, and disruptive techlogies. It then addresses the discovery processes, improving funding models, and research efficiency. Subsequent sections address the coming changes in healthcare delivery and future perspectives, providing a complete picture of the needs of the growing and influential healthcare sector.
- Author BiographyBefore becoming President and CEO of American Association for Health Centers, Steven A. Wartman served as dean of the Medical School at University of Texas Health Science Center. Dr. Wartman was the Edward Meilman Distinguished Chair of Medicine and physician-in-chief at the Long Island Jewish Medical Center. He also served as director of the Center for Quality Research of the North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System and professor of medicine at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine. Dr. Wartman's honors include a Leadership and Achievement Award in 1997 from the Society of General Internal Medicine, of which he is also a past president, and the U.S. Health Resources and Services Administration's 1999 Award for Excellence for Outstanding Leadership and Interdisciplinary Collaboration for his role as co-director of the Interdisciplinary Generalist Curriculum Project. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Internal Medicine and a Fellow of the American College of Physicians. Before joining the Long Island Jewish Medical Center in 1995, he was professor of medicine at the University of Miami and director of medical services and chairman of medicine at the Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach. Dr. Wartman has authored or contributed to more than 120 peer-reviewed journal articles, abstracts, book chapters, letters and other publications. His long-standing professional interests include health care delivery, health policy, medical ethics and medical education.
- Author(s)Steven A. Wartman
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication09/04/2015
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1180 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $103.88Trending at AU $107.88
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.61
- AU $166.94Trending at AU $169.05
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $107.96
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.36
- AU $49.79Trending at AU $52.07
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $88.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.