All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text is an extensive description of the actual equivalencies in the Greek translation for each Hebrew verbal form and participle in Psalms 3-41. The frequency of each equivalency is given as well as a table showing the range of equivalencies for each Hebrew verbal form. The description is followed by an analysis of each equivalency and the results of the description and analysis are synthesized into a statement of rules and principles which govern the Septuagint's treatment of the Hebrew verbal forms.
- Author BiographyThe Author: John H. Sailhamer is Associate Professor of Old Testament and Semitic Languages at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School in Deerfield, Illinois. He received his doctorate in Near Eastern Languages from the University of California at Los Angeles. He has published two commentaries, one on the Book of Chronicles, the other on the Book of Genesis. He has also published an English Introduction to A New Concordance of the Bible, edited by Abraham Even-Shoshan, and numerous articles.
- Author(s)John H. Sailhamer
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/1991
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleStudies in Biblical Greek
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published1991
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight500 g
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.