All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.87
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $13.49
About this product
- DescriptionWhen rewned translator Hanne Schubert falls down a flight of stairs, she suffers an unusual condition- the loss of her native language. Speaking only Japanese, a language she learned later in life, she leaves for Japan. There, to Hanne's shock, the Japanese velist whose work she recently translated confronts her publicly for sabotaging his work. Reeling, Hanne seeks out the inspiration for the author's vel - a tortured, chimerical actor, once a master in the art of Noh Theater. Through their passionate, volatile relationship, Hanne is forced to reexamine how she has lived her life, including her estranged relationship with her daughter. In elegant prose, Nina Schuyler offers a deeply moving and mesmerizing story about language, love, and the transcendence of family.
- Author BiographyNina Schuyler's first novel, The Painting, was nominated for the Northern California Book Award, and named a Best Book of the Year by the San Francisco Chronicle and Rocky Mountain News. She was nominated for a 2010 Pushcart Prize and teaches creative writing at the University of San Francisco.
- Author(s)Nina Schuyler
- PublisherPegasus Books
- Date of Publication16/09/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPegasus Books
- Weight330 g
- Width145 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.