All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book analyses the transnationalisation of collective bargaining by European trade unions, presenting key theoretical concepts and debates on the Europeanisation of collective bargaining and social dialogue. The author uses comprehensive empirical evidence to illustrate that trade union strategies can be linked to sector-specific ecomic, institutional and actorrelated factors. Looking at seven different industrial sectors, the book investigates whether western European trade unions pursue a centralised, vertical approach towards the transnationalisation of collective bargaining policies or embark upon decentralised, horizontal cross-border initiatives. It identifies and operationalises the most important determinants of processes and explores commonly held assumptions about relationships between different forms of trade union-driven transnationalisation. Overall, the study reveals a number of patterns in the variation between countries and sectors, both of the institutions and instruments involved and of the intensity of cross-border coordination.
- Author BiographyVera Glassner is a researcher at the Department of Economic and Organisational Sociology at the University of Linz (Austria). Her research focuses on the Europeanisation of industrial relations. She holds a PhD in sociology and has worked as a research assistant at the Institute for Industrial Sociology at the University of Vienna and as a researcher at the European Trade Union Institute in Brussels.
- Author(s)Vera Glassner
- PublisherPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Date of Publication18/06/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleTravail & Societe/Work & Society
- Series Part/Volume Number78
- Country of PublicationBelgium
- First Published2014
- ImprintPresses Interuniversitaires Europeennes
- Content Note8 graphs, 46 table
- Weight430 g
- Width150 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.