All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThe Traveler's Compact Guide describes common and uncommon health and medical issues that can arise before, during, or after traveling. This book was created with the n-medical professional in mind and will guide travelers through pre-travel preparation, in travel emergencies, and post travel health and medical problems when immediate access to medical care may t be available. Details are provided for travel risks to all countries and continents. Immediate management of common and uncommon illness and injury that might occur while traveling or vacationing is described. Indications, dosing and side effects of commonly used medications are described. Contacts and weblinks for medical resources and travel assistance are provided. Links to government requirements for vaccines, passports, and visas, and World Health Organization and Center for Disease Control sites that describe current health issues within each region and country are provided.
- Author BiographySteven G. Rothrock MD FACEP, FAAP is a board certified emergency medicine and pediatric emergency medicine physician who has spent the past 20 years treating adults, children, families, and travelers after having grown up in the United States, France, Germany & Greece. He has edited multiple textbooks, has served as a reviewer for many national medical journals and has authored over 150 peer reviewed medical articles, chapters, and abstracts. He has been a member of the National Medical Honor Society (awarded during medical school), has received a National Teaching Faculty Award by his specialty and has been selected teacher of the year by residents at several different hospitals. His primary focus is to educate the public regarding multiple health issues including travel health and safety, childhood illness and injury, & national health issues.
- Author(s)Steven G Rothrock MD
- PublisherCompact Medical Guides LLC
- Date of Publication16/03/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCompact Medical Guides LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.