CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $73.29
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.81
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $70.75
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.44
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $80.95
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.60
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $112.55
About this product
- DescriptionNona McDonald, one of the characters in The Travelers: Present in the Past, slides back in time to the 1890s, seeing such things as smartphones, computers, televisions and automobiles drop out of daily life. When Winnie Longenecker peeks at the future from that time, she sees essential handwork skills, taught carefully by one generation to the next, drop out of daily life as her generation kws it. Join the long procession of generations that have learned quilting, rug making, crazy quilting and embroidery from their elders and then passed those skills to younger generations. And don't forget a bit of whimsy - create a homing pouch to carry into the future, containing a tangible bit of your day of making fabric art with someone you love. Take a trip with the Travelers and spend a day with one of the young people in your life, teaching the value and skills of well-done handwork.
- Author BiographyElaine Schmidt is a designer, consultant, educator and spokesperson in the sewing, quilting, craft and hobby industries. Since she was a little girl, she has always been busy creating something. Her love of sewing and weaving led her to major in Textiles and Design at Carnegie Mellon University. She has worked in the education and design departments of a major sewing pattern company and is the former design director for a national chain of ribbon boutiques. As the owner of Elaine Schmidt Designs (http://www.elaineschmidt.com), she has developed award-winning products for many manufacturers. Her original designs are featured at trade and consumer shows and in books, magazines, project sheets, and TV segments. She lives in Long Valley, NJ.
- Author(s)Elaine Schmidt
- PublisherKansas City Star Books
- Date of Publication01/04/2014
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationMO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintKansas City Star Books
- Content Note60 Colour Illustration
- Weight194 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.