All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEcotourism, spa retreats and spiritual travel are more popular than ever, catering to increasing numbers of travellers who want to learn and grow while on holiday. Damanhur, Italy's famous centre for art, culture, peace studies and community building, is poised to become a major destination for such tourists. The Traveler's Guide to Damanhur has three parts, each focusing on a different aspect of visiting Damanhur and The Temples of Humankind. The first part contains practical information on the essentials of travelling in the Piedmont region of Italy, including details on: transportation, lodgings, places to visit, including the Temples of Humankind, restaurants and wineries, shopping, classes, workshops, festivals and other public events, recommended spa treatments and massage therapists.The history of the Damanhurian community and the Valchiusella valley is given a fun treatment in a full-colour European comic book section reminiscent of the Tintin books, by well-kwn graphic velist Cinzia di Felice. This book is rounded out by humorous travel writing and more serious essays by friends of Damanhur; Massimo Introvigne, director of the Centre for the Study of New Religions; and, natural philosopher Richard Grossinger, and others.
- Author(s)Esperide Ananas,Stambecco Pesco
- PublisherNorth Atlantic Books,U.S.
- Date of Publication28/01/2009
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationBerkeley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBlue Snake Books
- Content Note70 full colour illustrations and 12 colour photographs
- Weight567 g
- Width178 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $29.48Trending at AU $34.01
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $39.40
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $12.29
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $45.72
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $19.32
- AU $11.95Trending at AU $17.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.