CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.50
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.11
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.99
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.59
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.22
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.66
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.43
About this product
- DescriptionROSA'S PAST IS HER PANDORA'S BOX, AND THE LID IS ABOUT TO BE LIFTED ... 'If you lie down with dogs you'll rise with fleas' - Irish Proverb Rosa Sorenson's conversation was often peppered with sayings from her homeland. It was these conversational clangers that gave her daughter Kitty the only clue as to a childhood her mother refused to speak of. When she passes away suddenly, Kitty is resigned to never kwing the girl her mother once was. Then out of the blue she receives an invitation that will take her on a journey into the past Rosa never shared with her. Rewned photographer, Christian Beauvau has been commissioned to recreate the iconic print, Midsummer Lovers the shot that made him famous fifty years ago. It's the first Kitty has heard of the photograph and she's amazed to learn it features her mother as a young woman alongside a man called Michael in the Provencal town of Uzes, France. Together with Michael's nephew she has been invited to pose for the anniversary shot. Leaving her fledgling London cupcake business in the hands of her flatmate and her ex Damien, who has been sniffing back around, she accepts. In doing so, she will find more than she ever imagined. The Traveller's Daughter is a tale to lose yourself in. It's a story of redemption and love told with Michelle Vernal's trademark warmth and humour.
- Author BiographyHalf my lifetime ago when I was twenty-one and sporting a bad perm I had just returned rather full of myself despite the hair to Auckland after an 18-month stint in the UK. I came home to the news that my parents were selling the family home where I had grown up in Auckland's suburban Hillsborough to open a B&B in Oxford. My first thought understandably I thought seeing as mum and dad hail from Liverpool originally was that they were returning to Britain. I pictured myself hopping back on a plane to go and freeload at their new premises in the 'city of the dreaming spires'. Turned out they were actually upping sticks and moving to the small rural town of Oxford, North Canterbury in New Zealand's South Island. I'd never heard of it and as I was in between doing very much at all I came down South with them to check it out. When I saw how far from civilization it was, a whole fifty-minute drive to Christchurch, my face fell. Dad tried to cheer me up by telling me he had a cunning plan to find me a rich Canterbury farmer. He has a very dry sense of humor my dad, but I didn't crack a smile when he said he planned on waving a $100.00 dowry out the upstairs window. It didn't work, but it did all work out in the end. It's funny the way life pans out. I would not have believed it if anyone had told my twenty-one-year-old self that at the grand old age of forty-three I would live back in that small town of Oxford. That's not all though wait for it....next door to my parents I would have told them they were being ridiculous. Here I am though back in Oxford. We live in an old house that, and I like to use the royal 'we' when in fact it's all down to my lovely hubby Paul has done up. We have two gorgeous boys, Joshua, who at 11 has just started to roll his eyes at me a lot, and Daniel, who is nine. There are two sheep on borrowed time chomping away in the paddock, hens scratching around and three cats mooching about the place. Most days when I have packed the boys off to school and done the bare necessities of housework I can be found stretched out on my bed. It's not because I am lazy but rather I like the view through the French doors to the gardens, and it happens to be a very comfy spot with my laptop open on my lap writing. The Traveller's Daughter is my fourth novel.
- Author(s)Michelle Louise Vernal
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication12/08/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Out-of-print date08/09/2016
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight435 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.