Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $25.16Trending at AU $27.12
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
About this product
- DescriptionAncient Egypt has been a source of fascination for many civilizations. For centuries, grave robbers and archaeologists have attempted to plunder the hidden treasures of the tombs of the Pharaohs; then, on 26 November 1922, Howard Carter and Lord Carnarvon discovered the tomb of King Tutankhamun. The stories that have since grown up around the discovery of the tomb and of the boy king who lay undisturbed for over 3,000 years have become legendary and continue to fire imaginations around the world. The Treasures of Tutankhamum puts Tutankhamun's short life into context by describing and explaining the complexities of life in Ancient Egypt and details the actual discovery and original expedition, drawing on the personal archives of Howard Carter himself.
- Author BiographyJaromir Malek is an Egyptologist and the Keeper of the Archives at the Griffith Institute at the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford, England - one of the leading Egyptological archives in the world and home to the personal archive of Howard Carter who discovered the tomb of King Tutankhamun. He has written numerous articles and a number of books, including The Cultural Atlas of Ancient Egypt (with John Baines), Egyptian Art, ABC of Egyptian Heiroglyphs, Egypt: 4000 Years of Art, The Cat in Ancient Egypt and The Treasures of Ancient Egypt.
- Author(s)Jaromir Malek
- PublisherCarlton Books Ltd
- Date of Publication02/02/2012
- SubjectAncient History
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAndre Deutsch Ltd
- Content Note175 colour & black & white images
- Width283 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsFlexible plastic/vinyl cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.