All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $59.37
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
About this product
- DescriptionWhether considered a divine gift or a Promethean conquest, science has indisputably and indelibly marked the course of human history. A product of the intellectual elite, but always urished by the many fruits of its applications, science appears today to be a perfect system, whose laws and discoveries guide all human activities. Yet the foundations of its authority remain an open question, entailing disquieting aspects that are also to be identified in modern science. Furthermore it is seen to be exerting an increasing power over mankind. Readers are invited to follow an itinerary through the history of science, a voyage which, in the end, enables them to catch a glimpse of two divergent futures: One in which science accelerates the downfall of Homo sapiens, and ather in which it helps our species to engage in a new and positive adventure, whose outcome body can kw.
- Author BiographyClaudio Ronchi Dr., Gartenstrasse 37, D 76689 Karlsdorf-Neuthard, firstname.lastname@example.org CLAUDIO RONCHI was born in Milan in 1940. He attended the Classic Grammar School and after graduating in mathematics and physics from the State University of Milan, he joined the European Fast Reactor Project. He worked in German, French, English and Americans laboratories. In the 1990s he was requisitioned by the European Commission to establish a collaborative effort with the countries of the former Soviet Union. To this end he coordinated the first joint nuclear research projects with important Russian and European laboratories. Until his retirement he was head of the Materials Research Division of the European Institute of Transuranium Elements to Karlsruhe, where he also supervised PhD works of students from all over the world. He presently lives in Germany.
- Author(s)Claudio Ronchi
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication07/10/2016
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note48 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight474 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.