All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.74Trending at AU $16.27
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $14.06Trending at AU $20.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
About this product
- DescriptionThe parables of Jesus have undergone different transmutations in the long history of their transmission. The events surrounding his death and resurrection as well as the new situations his followers were confronted with after these events led to the parables of Jesus being given new accentuations according to the needs of the reflecting community. This is evident in Matthew's treatment of the parable trilogy of Mt 21:28-22:14. This work shows how Matthew has used the dominical parables and sayings found in his tradition to serve the needs of his community, especially in its struggles with the official Jewish leaders of his time. Through these parables, which he presented as a three-pronged attack against the Jewish leaders, Matthew shows his community as the true Israel, called to produce the fruits of righteousness. In this regard, the Jewish leaders stand for the members of Matthew's community lacking in the actions that define belongingness to the chosen people. This group has part in the eschatological banquet.
- Author BiographyRowland Onyenali holds a BPhil from the Urban University Rome (Italy), a BA in Religion from the University of Nigeria Nsukka (Nigeria), an MA in Theology from the University of Pittsburgh (USA), and an MA in Religious Education as well as a PhD in Theology/New Testament Exegesis from the University of Wurzburg (Germany).
- Author(s)Rowland Onyenali
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication26/08/2013
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleAfrican Theological Studies Etudes Theologiques Africaines
- Series Part/Volume Number3
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2013
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight500 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.